6.02.2011

Project 4: Kellogg's™ Disney Pixar Finding Nemo fruit flavored snacks

A few days ago I received a package from my girlfriend from America. In this package there was a relative big box with a Disney logo, from Kellogg. In Germany, Kellogg is only known as a company producing cornflakes. However in America the product range is way greater, including those Kellogg's Fruit Flavored Snacks.

Producer: Kellogg
Product: Disney Pixar Finding Nemo fruit flavored snacks

Price: ??

As mentioned before, the cardboard box has a cute Finding Nemo theme. In the box there are 10 snack packs each 80 kcal worth, containing character shaped gummies, which consist of artificial and non-artificial flavors and a lot vitamin C according to the producer. The box states that there are 6 different Finding Nemo characters [Nemo, Bruce, Dory, Pearl, Crush, and Martin] and 4 different flavors [strawberry, grape, orange, and cherry].

On the back there are different search and find games which look rather pretty and colorful. I assume they were made for young kids. On the boxes inside one can find the solutions to those games. The snack packs are designed after Finding Nemo and they look really cute. However, the nutrition facts can’t be found on them, which I assume is okay because they aren’t to be sold individually and the facts can be found on the big box.

It was really easy to open the pack because the edge of the pack is cut in a bit. In the pack I picked, are 9 gummies: 2 Martin, 2 Nemo, 3 Doris, 1 Crush and 1 Pearl. The selection seems to be random so you might not always get all 6 characters in one pack. The deep sea-inhabitants have a pleasant, sweet smell. I picked Martin and Nemo for my first trial. Their texture is firm; however feel really soft in my mouth. Although both fish have a really intense orange color I couldn’t make out an intense fruit flavor, at most I was able to taste a bit of orange. Unfortunately the same applied to Doris, dark green colored, I’m assuming it might have been cherry flavor and the dark-red Pearl might be strawberry flavor. Crush’s flavor remained a mystery to me; the missing flavor however would be grape.

As cute and as appealing those deep sea-inhabitants may be, their flavor is artificial at most or rather hard to notice at all. The amount of 9 wasn’t enough for me, however as snack, it is okay, and the idea behind it might be to have a low calorie snack in case you want to have a few gummies. What a pity! I was hoping for more from the looks of those cute fruit flavored snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment